You look like a nice person, so let me ask you a few questions:
Do you … want to make more money?
Do you … want to get paid in full and on time?
Do you … want to get compensated for results instead of effort?
Do you … want to be generous with your time without giving away your business?
Do you … want to stop negotiating with clients over every invoice you send?
I understand. I do too. That (and more) is what this 52-minute, prerecorded webinar is all about.
You see, the problem I used to have (and that maybe you still have) is that none of those things I wanted seemed possible.
I knew what I was good at and I knew how to do the work. But I hated (was afraid of, actually) the money discussions.
So I tended to avoid them, which led to less money (“If I ask too much they’ll run away”); uncomfortable situations (“Their check hasn’t arrived yet; now what do I do?”), and clients who treated me like a vendor instead of the capable professional I knew I was.
But … if you’re going to work for yourself, you need to get comfortable with setting rates, talking about fees, negotiating payment schedules, etc. It’s not necessarily the point of what you do, but it’s clearly a part of the mix.
The good news is that money — and the pricing of your services in particular — need not be an ongoing source of stomach-churning anxiety (that’s what children are for). The interests of you and your clients are more aligned than you may realize, and you don’t need to live in a constant tug-of-war over hours worked and money spent.
With a few important changes to the way you price, package, and present your services, it is possible to take money largely out of the discussion (really) and to happily work side by side with your clients in delivering the outstanding results they want to have and you want to provide.
In my 20+ years as a solo professional, I’ve tried a number of different approaches to setting fees and handling the money aspect of working with clients. In this 52-minute, Pricing Your Professional Services Webinar, I tell all.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why charging by the hour is bad for you and contrary to what your clients really want, and how doing so keeps you perpetually at odds with each other
- Why higher fees result in more satisfied clients, less effort for you, and better results overall
- How to move up the ladder from “hourly day laborer” to “highly compensated industry expert” (and how to do more of the work you love in the process)
- How to establish a payment schedule that makes everyone happy
- How to establish a fee structure that pays you what you’re worth
- How the way you describe what you do has an impact on the fees clients are willing to pay
- Why posting your fee structure on your web site is a bad idea
- How the myth of objective value works against you
- Why it’s in your best interest to never (ever) raise prices for existing clients
- Why giving away lots of information now helps you earn lots of money later
- How to prevent clients from “taking advantage” of flat fee arrangements
- Why it’s easier to provide more value and wow clients with “high end,” more expensive services than it is with run-of-the-mill offerings
- Why your clients don’t care how long or how hard you work
- Why the amount of money you earn per hour, per day, or per client isn’t really what matters to you anyway
I used to believe that less money and more effort were the “price to pay” — the tradeoff — for the freedom that working solo provides. I don’t anymore. Change the way you price your services and you can begin enjoying the best of both worlds.
Total cost? Just $67.00. An investment you’ll earn back and more, the first time you improve the way you price your services.
All the best,
Founder and Highly Priced Solo Professional
Blue Penguin Development
P.S. Once purchased, you can watch the full presentation whenever you like and as many times as you like. You can start, pause and go back and forth within the presentation. You’ll also receive a PDF version of the slides, the presentation audio in MP3 format (for listening on the go) and a complete PDF transcript.
“In only one hour, you taught me how to best price my services – something that has stumped me for many years. But even more, you gave me suggestions geared towards my business in general. Your easy, friendly style kept me engaged … you were extremely generous with your time and knowledge.”
Terry Matlen, ACSW
“Just letting you know I purchased your webinar on pricing/setting fees and found it super helpful. I have now gone on to quote three new clients by the project with monthly charges and have won the job – how exciting! Thanks for clarifying why it is such a better way to charge!”
“The webinar was flawlessly executed: informative, relaxed, excellent graphics, and highly interactive.”
Michael, I attended your webinar and it really helped to crystallize my thinking on pricing and estimating, helped me to untangle mixed thoughts on the subject for me. And, it confirmed that intentionally or not, I was actually doing well despite my mixed feelings.”
CLAYTON DESIGN GROUP