YOU CAN STILL REGISTER AND WILL RECEIVE:
THE AUDIO/VISUAL (EXACTLY AS IF YOU HAD ATTENDED), THE MP3 AND ALL THE SLIDES.
WE WILL SEND IT ALL TO YOU WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
(REGISTRATION LINK AT BOTTOM OF PAGE.)
You look like a nice person, so let me ask you a few questions:
Do you … want to make more money?
Do you … want to get paid in full and on time?
Do you … want to get compensated for results instead of effort?
Do you … want to be generous with your time without giving away your business?
Do you … want to stop negotiating with clients over every invoice you send?
I understand. I do too. That (and more) is what my one-hour webinar (audio + visual) on November 17th is all about.
You see, the problem I used to have (and that maybe you still have) is that none of those things I wanted seemed possible.
I knew what I was good at and I knew how to do the work. But I hated (was afraid of, actually) the money discussions.
So I tended to avoid them, which led to less money (“If I ask too much they’ll run away”); uncomfortable situations (“Their check hasn’t arrived yet; now what do I do?”) and clients who treated me like a vendor instead of the capable professional I knew I was.
But … if you’re going to work for yourself, you need to get comfortable with setting rates, talking about fees, negotiating payment schedules, etc. It’s not necessarily the point of what you do, but it’s clearly a part of the mix.
But fear not! Money — and the pricing of your services in particular — need not be an ongoing source of stomach-churning anxiety (that’s what children are for). The interests of you and your clients are more aligned than you may realize, and you don’t need to live in a constant tug-of-war over hours worked and money spent.
With a few important changes to the way you price, package and present your services, it is possible to take money largely out of the discussion (really) and to happily work side by side with your clients in delivering the outstanding results they want to have and you want to provide.
In my 11 years as a solo professional, I’ve tried a number of different approaches to setting fees and handling the money aspect of working with clients. In this one hour webinar, I tell all (maybe a little more than all):
All you have to do is register for this webinar on November 17th at 2:00 EST.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why charging by the hour is bad for you and contrary to what your clients really want, and how doing so keeps you perpetually at odds with each other
- Why higher fees result in more satisfied clients, less effort for you, and better results overall
- How to move up the ladder from “hourly day laborer” to “highly compensated industry expert” (and how to do more of the work you love in the process)
- Why turning down certain clients is good for your business (and how to detect when you’re talking to the “wrong” people)
- How to establish a payment schedule that makes everyone happy
- How to establish a fee structure that pays you what you’re worth
- How the way you describe what you do has an impact on the fees clients are willing to pay
- Why posting your fee structure on your web site is a bad idea
- How the myth of objective value works against you
- Why it’s in your best interest to never (ever) raise prices for existing clients
- Why giving away lots of information now helps you earn lots of money later
- What to do about clients who “takes advantage” of flat fee arrangements
- Why it’s easier to provide more value and wow clients with “high end,” more expensive services than it is with run of the mill offerings
- Why your clients don’t care how long or hard you work
- Why the amount of money you earn per hour, per day or per client isn’t really what matters to you anyway
I used to believe that less money and more effort were the “price to pay” —the tradeoff — for the freedom that working by myself provides. I don’t anymore. Change the way you price your services and you can begin enjoying the best of both worlds.
Total cost? $117.00 $47.00 (for Constant Contact Solution Providers only). Not a bad investment for improving your confidence and clarity about the way you price your services.
I hope to webinar you there,
P.S. We will be recording the entire thing (audio and visual). Your admission gives you access to the recording for easy reviewing after the fact.
An award-winning humorist, entrepreneur and human, Michael Katz is a recognized expert in professional services marketing and founder of Blue Penguin Development. Michael has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Business Week Online and other national and local media. He is the author of three books, and over the last 10 years has published over 250 issues of his “Solo Professional E-Newsletter,” a bi-weekly with 6,500 passionate subscribers in over 40 countries around the world. Michael has an MBA from Boston University and a BA in Psychology from McGill University in Montreal.
“In only one hour, you taught me how to best price my services – something that has stumped me for many years. But even more, you gave me suggestions geared towards my business in general. Your easy, friendly style kept me engaged … you were extremely generous with your time and knowledge.”
Terry Matlen, ACSW