Ask any successful solo professional where their best clients come from and they’ll all tell you the same thing:
“Word of mouth.”
Not newspaper ads, not direct mail campaigns, not Google ad words.
Not cold calling, not sponsorships, not radio buys.
Not any of that. If you’re a professional service provider, it’s word of mouth, every time.
Which, of course, makes sense: The best clients are those who come to you on the suggestion of a trusted friend or colleague.
It’s better for them, because there’s less risk in hiring a “friend of a friend.”
And it’s better for you, because those who arrive via word of mouth are more likely to be a good fit for who you are and what you do.
The thing is, most solo professionals view word of mouth as a “fortunate coincidence.” Like finding ten dollars on the street, it’s great when it happens, but there’s nothing you can do to make it happen more often.
Or is there????
My entire business, for 16+ years, has been word of mouth-based. I do nothing – zero – that involves chasing strangers.
And I never have. Never spent a cent on advertising; never made a cold call; pay no attention to my search engine rankings.
Instead, I focus my marketing entirely on word of mouth: staying in front of the people I know and CLEARLY AND CONCISELY EXPLAINING WHO I AM AND WHAT I DO. (I put that in all caps on purpose.)
You see, what I’ve discovered is that word of mouth, while unpredictable, is not about luck.
Rather, by clearly and consistently describing what you do – and in a way that others can understand, remember and share – you can significantly (I said significantly) boost both the volume and the frequency of inbound referrals, to you.
That’s what this 43-minute webinar is all about. It’s about the words you use to describe the work you do.
Do it well, and people happily and effectively share you with others.
Do it poorly, and they forget who you are before you’re even done speaking.
This 43-minute, prerecorded webinar will show you how making a few essential changes and improvements to the way you describe your work will vastly increase your word of mouth. It includes the audio/visual recording; an MP3 download; the presentation slides; and a complete, word-by-word transcript of the event – all delivered to you instantly.
“What a wonderful seminar! What a life-changing hour!
Michael, your seminar has made it all come together.”
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The principles of word of mouth marketing
- Why shiny elevator statements don’t work (and what to say instead)
- Why capability and experience have nothing to do with generating word of mouth
- Why narrowing your business focus is essential
- Why being impressive and being remembered are not the same thing
- Why how you describe what you do should never match what you actually do
- Why word of mouth demands over-simplification
- How most people (unknowingly) prevent others from spreading the word about them
- The simple, 3-step, word of mouth formula that you’ll never forget
This webinar is filled with real life examples and hands-on exercises that you will learn from and be able to apply in your own work and to your own circumstances.
Total cost? $67.00. (Something that will pay for itself the first time a quality, word of mouth-generated lead comes your way.)
Founder and Often-Referred Solo Professional
Blue Penguin Development
P. S. Once purchased, you can watch the full 43-minute presentation whenever you like and as many times as you like. You’ll also receive an MP3 download, the presentation slides, and a complete, word-by-word transcript of the event.
P.P.S. Still undecided? The webinar comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, just send us an email or give us a call and we’ll be happy to refund your purchase.
Huge thanks for the program on word-of-mouth marketing, very worthwhile. I’d like to share why I will continue to attend your webinars and recommend your offerings to others in my networks:
- It’s easy. The pre-course communications rock! You make it so easy to register and pay, and then, to log into the webinar API.
- We get jargon-free ideas we can apply today. Bonus: It’s well-paced, often funny, a nutritional break for the mind.
- We learn from other solo pros we’d probably never meet in person, and this helps us feel connected to others. (That is the only thing I miss about my decision to leave corporate life, that community of purpose.)
Once again, thanks so much.
British Columbia, Canada
“I simply loved the class. I am always appreciative of Michael’s ability to focus like a laser beam on one aspect of your marketing.”
“Michael Katz was great. I’d like to bottle his knowledge for use on a daily basis. The webinar was very well done and seamless. Thanks!!”