Staying in touch with everyone you know, is.
Don’t you need a fancy marketing plan, a slick web site, a book that you authored, a mailing list with thousands of people on it and world class selling skills?
No. At least not as a first step.
Because here’s the thing. While all those things would certainly help, they are harder to put together and not nearly as productive – in terms of bringing you new clients and new business – as continually stirring the pot of your existing relationships.
After all, isn’t that the promise of social media? The idea that each of us has the opportunity to connect with the rest of the world – instantly, ongoing and for free – and to build our respective businesses in the process?
The challenge is how to do it.
How do you use social media and other, offline (yes, I said “offline”) relationship-leveraging tools and tactics to take advantage of these fundamental marketing truths?:
- You know that word of mouth is the best way to grow your business.
- You know that prospects who show up at your door based on the recommendations of others are much (MUCH) more likely to hire you.
- You know that it’s more pleasant and less stressful to build trust over time while being your authentic self, than it is to try and sell to strangers.
And yet, when I ask my professional service clients, “What do you do to systematically stay in front of the people you already know?,” the most common answers I hear involve the words “mailing invoices,” “sending holidays cards” and “uh, nothing.”
Here’s the good news: You already have two incredibly valuable assets! One is called, “People I know.” The other is called, “A point of view and personality that many people already like.”
Here’s the gooder news: This one-hour webinar – Beyond Social Media: (Simple) Relationship Marketing for Solo Professionals – is all about showing you how to leverage these two assets to build your business.
It’s about methodically staying in touch, speaking and writing in your natural voice, and reconnecting with all the people you’ve met along the way.
Not only does this relationship marketing approach feel better to most solo professionals, it’s easier and more efficient than trying to pound the pavement, learn networking tricks and master sales techniques. It’s simply doing the kinds of things that come naturally to you, but in a broader, more systematic, ongoing way.
Does it work?
Well, like you, I don’t like making cold calls, I’m bad at “working a room,” and I’m uncomfortable selling things to people who don’t really want them. And that’s why in 16 years as a successful professional, I’ve never done any of those things (or spent a cent on advertising).
What I’ve learned instead is to have confidence in my authentic self, to focus on the people I already know, and to systematically work a simple plan.
In my one-hour webinar, I’ll show you exactly what has worked and continues to work for me.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to use your unique personality and point of view in your marketing
- How to simply, consistently and intelligently use social media.
- Why you need to store all your contacts in one (electronic) place
- Why repetition – not reach – is where marketing leverage comes from
- Why people who know you are willing to pay you more money (and are less interested in haggling)
- What a “relationship donut” is and why you need one
- What to say and what to send to existing contacts when keeping in touch – and how often to do it
- The single best low-tech, relationship-building tool ever invented
- Why prospects prefer to hire professionals who are “unconventional”
- Why your larger competitors are trying to copy you
- Why you need to “treat different relationships differently,” and how to do it
- How to sell without being a high pressure, slick salesperson (and why being the “real you” is the most effective way to sell anyway)
- How to develop a simple, effective, relationship marketing system that works for you … and that won’t take over your life
“I just wanted to say thank you for your outstanding webinars. I have already implemented several of your ideas which have shortened my sales cycle and strengthened my relationships with my customers.”
The Elevator Pitch Coach
We’ll cover this and more.
As always, to keep the sessions interactive and allow for plenty of questions, we limit attendance to just 25 participants.
Total cost? $77.00. Not a bad investment for something that will fundamentally change the way you market your business. I hope you’ll join us.
Founder and Chief Penguin
Blue Penguin Development
P.S. We will be recording the entire thing (audio and visual). Your admission gives you access to both the live session and the recording for easy reviewing after the fact.
“I just finished listening to the recording of the Relationship Marketing Webinar for the third time and am putting the final tweaks together for my own plan and wanted to thank you for all that information in that webinar. Thank you for the work that you do. It’s much needed.”
Connected and Committed