My presentations and workshops focus on showing professional service providers how to market themselves more effectively and stand out as likeable experts. They’re available for both associations and individual organizations.
My most popular topics are described below, but if your organization needs something different, just let me know. All programs are custom fit for each engagement.
“Your presentation was the best of the conference.
It was the most practical and implementable info.”
– Stephen Rogers, Rogers Spring Hill
Word of Mouth Marketing
What to say and how to say it, so that people will tell others about you.
Ask any professional where their best clients come from and they’ll all tell you the same thing: “Word of mouth.” The problem is, most professionals view word of mouth as a “fortunate coincidence.” Instead, and if you can learn to clearly describe what you do – and in a way that others can understand, remember and share – you will significantly boost both the word of mouth and inbound referrals you receive.
Specifically, this program covers:
- The principles of word of mouth marketing
- Why shiny elevator statements don’t work (and what to say instead)
- Why capability and experience have nothing to do with generating word of mouth
- Why narrowing your business focus is essential
- Why being impressive and being remembered are not the same thing
How to be a Leading Expert
How do you make yourself heard above the din – connecting with clients and customers so that they buy more, more often and tell their friends? Here’s what the answer isn’t: a cooler web site, a larger newspaper ad, or a deeper discount on your next promotion. You’ve already tried that and it isn’t working.
The answer, instead, is leveraging a natural advantage: your authentic voice. You use it every day and, in person, it’s a big part of the reason your best clients love you and keep coming back. This session is about taking this same tool and using it in a bigger, more consistent way across your entire business.
In this session, you’ll learn: what “authentic voice” means and why it matters; why stories from your own experience are more important than product features, benefits and price; how to communicate – on your web site, with social media, in your marketing materials – with emotion, consistency and natural language; why everything you learned in school about how to write is wrong; how to get past your fear of communicating authentically.
This interactive session is filled with examples, do’s and don’ts and plenty of practical advice.
Beyond Social Media
Finding your voice, increasing your visibility, connecting with your customers. Specifically, this session will cover:
- The 3 big changes that have made marketing your business the “traditional” way impossible.
- Why your personal “story” is your best marketing weapon against “the big guy” and why they’re already trying to copy you.
- How to build trust, word of mouth referrals and inbound traffic through authentic communication
- The risk of anonymity and how to avoid it
- Why narrowing your focus is the most effective path to visibility.
- Why experts create content and where to begin
- Why your existing relationships are your most effective business assets and how to leverage them.
- One thing you should do every day to help your business stand out and be remembered.
Making It as a Solo Professional
In this practical and informative session, Michael Katz talks about why he left Corporate America ten-plus years ago and set off on his own. He’ll share what he’s learned and his recommendations for anyone considering – or in the midst of – doing the same.
This presentation covers critical topics such as pricing your services, standing out from the crowd, becoming a leading expert, believing in your own success, and more.
E-Newsletters That Work!
In today’s tightened economic environment, companies are looking for ways to reduce expenses, while still continuing to grow and market their businesses. Effective E-Newsletters provide a systematic, highly targeted, extremely cost effective means for achieving this.
In this fast paced session, Michael Katz reviews the basics of E-Newsletters, and uses real world examples to demonstrate how professional service companies are using this tool to improve the way they do business.